Heritage Silver Trail
Site 10: Agnico-Eagle Refinery & Office
Originally this was the site of the LaRose Mine plant where ore was sorted before going to the concentrator. From 1952 to 1958 Silver Miller Mines used the facility to process 300 tons of ore per day. The Silver Miller mines were run by Harry Miller who believed that the silver had not been completely mined out in Cobalt and proved his hunch by profitably re-opening the LaRose, Brady Lake and Lawson properties. A great demand for cobalt during the Cold War made these ventures very profitable.
Between 1958 and closing in 1998, the plant was operated intermittenly by various companies. The refinery was demolished in 1998 and the office and assay labs are now vacant.
LOCATION: Kerr Lake Road GPS: 47.398260, -79.676215
© 2017-2018 Follow Us on FaceBook