Heritage Silver Trail
Site 18: Crown Reserve Mine Site
In 1907 the Crown Reserve Mining Company under Colonel J. Carson purchased the mining rights to 23 acres lying under Kerr Lake for $178,500 plus yearly royalties from the Ontario Government. The Lake was drained, the great Carson vein was found and an enormous amount of silver mined.
Between 1908 and 1921 the company produced more than 20,000,000 ounces of silver and paid royalties of $812,410 to the government of Ontario.
© 2017 Follow Us on FaceBook